Helena Bay Lodge is located in the northeast corner of New Zealand's north island and is one of top rated luxury lodges in the world. We are now looking for a part time Massage Therapist to join our team in August 2019.
You will be an integral member of the Helena Bay Lodge team that creates distinctively authentic experiences for our guests. Responsible for guest massage/spa treatments ensuring that guest service is of the highest standard, providing our guests with an optimal lasting impression. Maintaining cleanliness of the therapy room and Spa areas when not engaged in guest treatments.
Must be a fully qualified Massage Therapist with extensive training in numerous massage modalities, with a minimum of three years professional experience. You must be able to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of body therapies including Swedish, Sports, Deep Tissue, Joint Mobilisation, Acupressure, Reflexology, Trigger Point Therapy, Pregnancy Massage and Myofascial Release. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to learn the products and service knowledge necessary to effectively provide wellness solutions to meet the individual requirements of each guest.
Job Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Confer with clients about their medical history to determine how the massage treatment will be most beneficial to their requirements.
- Document guest treatment and progress, maintain treatment records.
- Flexible with schedule supporting the needs of the guest's requests.
- Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of product to assist with cost controls.
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all services, products and amenities available to guests.
- Perform prep work and daily stock levels including monitoring and maintaining inventory records.
- Ensure hygiene and cleanliness in all areas of treatment room, spa and gym is performed to an optimum standard.
- The ability to handle guest enquiries and interactions with the highest level of professionalism.
- Clean all areas of spa operation as requested by management including Gym – when not engaged in Guest treatments.
- Maintain Spa ambience in line with Helena Bay Lodge standards throughout the day, Creating the ultimate experience for our guests.
- Take all practical steps to ensure and maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as requested by the Interior Manager and Head Housekeeper.
- Collaborate with team members to communicate what you see and hear to staff and management to ensure guests' needs are being met.
- Weekend work and flexibility with rosters in accordance with guest requirements. You will receive a competitive salary plus commission.
If you have the required skills and experience, we would love to hear from you. Please provide a current CV and documentation of eligibility to work in New Zealand.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver's licence?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?
Listed 29 March 2019
Apply for this role